Ideally, The Daily Block should not only be a source of information, but also a social platform for the polite and respectful sharing of ideas, comments, critiques, and, yes, compliments. Internet users, however, often have other plans, in which case we include the following policies:
- Language that is offensive, slanderous, disrespectful, abusive, racist, prejudiced, or in any way threatening to a person or group of people will not be permitted. Critiques are different than insults; keep discussions intelligent and well-mannered.
- Any/all exchanging or talk of exchanging funds or digital currency is not allowed.
- Ad hominem attacks will not be tolerated. Period.
- If you would like to submit an article for consideration, please see Write For use section. Otherwise, please keep comments short and sweet.
- No spam.
- All comments will be moderated by the administrators of The Daily Block. Comments with links will be regarded as suspicious; usernames with URLs will be regarded as spam (see policy #5), and commenters that say the same thing too many times will be regarded as boring and therefore spam.
- No trolls.
- Please observe the law by refraining from libel and/or copyright infringement.
- The Daily Block administrators will not hesitate to delete, block, and/or report users who do not abide by the above policies. If you wish to report a comment for any violation of the above, or simply have questions or feedback, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.